ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 23:53

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: East Valley shooting
New postPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 07:27 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I have talked with both Florence PD and PCSO while physically at the shooting area and both are perfectly ok with it.

Upper Hand Defense LLC
upperhanddefense.com
facebook.com/Upperhanddefense

New postPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 10:14 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

From looking at the map, it looks like this spot is close to populated areas.....I assume that s not the case. How far p is the spot on price? Is it easily identifiable?

Going to check it out soon. (with trash bags)

New postPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 11:08 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

mr2005 wrote:
From looking at the map, it looks like this spot is close to populated areas.....I assume that s not the case. How far p is the spot on price? Is it easily identifiable?

Going to check it out soon. (with trash bags)

Very easy to spot. It is on the right hand side. A large dirt hill to shoot at. It is becoming more populated around there and I suppose it wont be long (a year or too) before its closed.

Upper Hand Defense LLC
upperhanddefense.com
facebook.com/Upperhanddefense

New postPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 20:34 
New to AZS

I've also seen people shooting a couple miles further down that dirt roan off on the north side of the tracks. But I think that area might be state trust land. Does anyone know about that area?

New postPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 10:40 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Does anyone know the status of for shooting at Queen Valley? Someone mentioned that if you go farther down past the flood retention berm you could still shoot. Any clarification on that? That spot on Price in Florence on the map is about a block from the highway, how far down are you guys driving to get to a good spot? Are you going past the Country Thunder location?

New postPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 23:11 
New to AZS

withergyld wrote:
If you go to Queen Valley, the Whitlow Ranch Flood Control Basin is US Govt. Property (Army Corps of Engineers) and is closed to shooting. The Pinal County Sheriffs Deputies will ask you to leave at a minimum. To avoid this just go a 1/2 to one mile past the berm where the flood control basin starts. The rest of the area except the flood control basin is Tonto National Forrest and is open to shooting. I called and talked to the Tonto National Forrest Mesa Ranger District this week and the Pinal County Sheriffs office personally.

Does that include the area just below the damn? That's where the Pinal County Sheriff told us to go. We saw the Army Corps of Engineers sign and almost returned home but heard shooting in the distance and trekked on to that area.

New postPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 23:20 
New to AZS

Tanhands wrote:
Does anyone know the status of for shooting at Queen Valley? Someone mentioned that if you go farther down past the flood retention berm you could still shoot. Any clarification on that? That spot on Price in Florence on the map is about a block from the highway, how far down are you guys driving to get to a good spot? Are you going past the Country Thunder location?

According to Pinal County Sheriff, the area below the damn was open to shoot, we went mid May and there were plenty of shooters out there as well as places to shoot. Call them before you go to get positive verification.