ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:48

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2nd Amendment Explained by Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
New postPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 09:23 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

You'll enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

Post subject: Re: 2nd Amendment Explained by Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
New postPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 09:41 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

We've liked it every time it's been posted here. Now that there's a thread with her name on it, hopefully this can be the definitive thread for a 14 year old video of a woman testifying before Congress about how gun-free zones caused her parents to wind up dead.

The guy seated next to her is a friend of mine from here in Arizona. He has caught burglars breaking into his home and his parent's home, both times holding them for cops using an AR-15.

What you do not get from this, or any other video of that hearing, is the animosity that Chuck Schumer displayed toward these folks during the breaks in testimony when the cameras were off. At one point, reports my friend, Schumer stuck his finger up his nose then spun around in his chair. The man is a loon.

New postPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:13 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Sticky?

I think this has been on here 20 times. Great message though.

New postPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:16 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Good idea. Now, we can mock anyone who cannot find this.

New postPosted: 30 Nov 2008, 01:40 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Hey Tim and Jon,

Do you remember a video a few months back about a man explaining the meaning of a true Republic?

"older guy, office type setting,wearing a suit"

If someone knows where that is, it definatly deserves to be a sticky..

New postPosted: 30 Nov 2008, 09:38 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

This one????

Guy in a suit..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFKGrmsBDk

Post subject: Theodore Roosevelt
New postPosted: 30 Nov 2008, 12:08 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Smooth,
Your link reminded me of this quote:
Quote:
Quote from Teddy Roosevelt.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.
Today we have African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans bringing to reality exactly what Theodore Roosevelt said would happen.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]