ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 23:54

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finding a Lawyer
New postPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 08:23 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

You can read about a couple of the guys listed in this thread here:

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/dc/recen ... orders.htm

New postPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 09:24 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

AzAtty480 wrote:
You can read about a couple of the guys listed in this thread here:

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/dc/recen ... orders.htm

Thanks. So who would you recommend since it looks like you're an attorney and may have some insight into these types of cases?

Post subject: Re:
New postPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 19:01 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

MaD HuNGaRIaN wrote:
He still practices. It's just a probation, and these things happen all the time. Especially with lawyers, given the nature of their work. Everyone has a bone to pick with everyone else.

Homey got censured. That doesn't 'happen all the time'.

Marc Victor for the win.

New postPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 19:30 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Lawyers are like foot fungus.....when you have it or need one it's never a good thing.

Good luck searching for a "good" one.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. — George Washington

New postPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 09:16 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

When I took my CCW class at Caswells the instructor recommended Tim Forshey should any of us ever need a lawyer,and wrote his name and number on the chalk board.
I think everyone, myself included wrote that number down.
I'm not sure what to think now?

Last edited by .354x.748 on 06 Aug 2008, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

New postPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 17:48 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

He co-wrote Az gun owners guide with Korwin, I'm surprised that he wasn't listed on the gunlaws link?
I know that he served as a legal expert in the Harold Fish case, but from my understanding Harold kind of hurt himself...

http://www.carsonlawfirm.com/attorneys/anthony.htm

Quote:
About Michael P. Anthony

Michael P. Anthony is a Phoenix-based trial lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in criminal, civil and military law. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. Court of Military Appeals, U.S. District Court of Arizona and the Supreme Courts of Texas and Arizona.

Mr. Anthony has more than eight years of experience in the Air Force, exercising responsibilities in law enforcement, circuit defense council, civil rights investigations and as a squadron commander.

Mr. Anthony has lectured and published instructional materials in the fields of criminal and civil law, and regarding the lawful use of deadly force. He was directly involved in the drafting and passage of Arizona's concealed-weapons statute in 1994, and has developed training materials for accredited concealed-carry classes in that state. Michael Anthony is certified by the Arizona Dept. of Public Safety to provide legal and judgmental-shooting training in any certified concealed-weapons program in Arizona, and trains certified instructors on legal matters for Arizona's CCW programs.

During his legal career, Mr. Anthony has done trial work in nine states, for clients ranging from Ford, Jeep, International Harvester and the Resolution Trust Corporation to small businesses and individuals, in civil and criminal matters. He is a partner in one of the oldest law firms in Arizona, Carson Messinger Elliott Laughlin & Ragan, P.L.L.C., in Phoenix, where he concentrates on civil litigation and civil appeals.

Originally from Oklahoma, Mr. Anthony settled in Arizona in 1980. He is actively involved in lecturing and teaching about firearms, firearms safety, firearms laws, firearms liability issues and the use of firearms by law-abiding citizens.

Be safe.

New postPosted: 27 Jul 2008, 15:22 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I really heard good things about this guy:

Timothy A. Forshey P.C.
(602) 266-7667
TFORSHEY@ DMFLAW.COM
18 Years of Arizona Practice
"Shooters Who Are Lawyers"

I have his magnetic business card on the side of my refrigerator just in case

New postPosted: 27 Jul 2008, 17:52 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

In2Ice wrote:
Timothy A. Forshey

Dough Little recommend him to me

Post subject: Question:
New postPosted: 16 Aug 2008, 00:30 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Not to knock Marc, I too have heard great things about him. But I've read elsewhere that it is a good idea to get a former DA or someone who used to be a prosecutor. The reasoning behind this was that they have connections with judges and somebody that might be prosecuting you. Marc has been known to be a "boat rocker" if you will. I mean, he got kicked off the bench as pro-tem judge. This is a hypothetical scenario of course but what if Marc is defending you and the judge really doesn't like the guy. We can sit here all day long and say that the judge will be above that but let's be honest...we're talking about lawyers and politicians here. (I can say that, I'm a political science and pre-law student) What are your thoughts on that?

New postPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 16:22 
New to AZS

I actually contacted Michael Anthony and he limits himself to expert testimony, consulting, writing and lecturing on firearms. He did recommend someone to me though Bruce Feder, I am going to talk to him as well.

Post subject: Re:
New postPosted: 05 Sep 2008, 17:42 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Dry-Heat wrote:
For what it may be worth to you - I carry Tim Forshey's (see I_B's post listed above) business card in my wallet ... just in case. I've shot with Tim in IDPA "practice" matches in the past, and took a tactical carbine course where he was in attendance as a student. He has taught (still teaches?) AZ CCW classes in the Phoenix area. Tim is "one of us" - an avid shooter - in addition to being a good law practitioner. Call his office and have them send you a couple of his business cards - it makes no sense to be unprepared and scrambling for a lawyer's tel. no. when you most need it and your mind is elsewhere after "putting down" a bad guy or two. I'm sure Tim could even recommend an alternative lawyer if his caseload was too much (though I seriously doubt he would decline to lend his services to someone involved in a righteous shoot).

+1 on Tim. I took his CCW class. He did a great job and very enlightening. Since that day, I have carried one of his cards in my wallet. If there are two good things you definately need in this world, it's a good accountant and lawyer.

New postPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 19:51 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

BTT

New postPosted: 01 Dec 2008, 17:08 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I would recommend Robert Gaffney.

Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan
- Warren Zevon

New postPosted: 12 Apr 2009, 00:09 
New to AZS

thanks for the info mates [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

New postPosted: 02 May 2009, 16:36 
New to AZS

I'd call Tim Forshey. He taught the refresher course I took for CCW renewal years ago. Great guy.

Tim and I attended a Lethal Force Class with the only other guy that I'd call: Mas Ayoub.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next