It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 22:39

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NORTH LAS VEGAS FIREARMS LAWS 2008
New postPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 18:22 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

NORTH LAS VEGAS FIREARMS LAWS 2008
Chapter 9.32 WEAPONS GENERALLY
9.32.010 Concealed weapon prohibited--Allowed with permit.
9.32.020 Permit--Issuance.
9.32.030 Permit--Record--Fee.
9.32.040 Dangerous or deadly weapon defined.
9.32.050 Person with concealed weapon not to loiter.
9.32.060 Person with concealed weapon not to be disorderly.
9.32.070 Unlawful use of electronic stun device.
9.32.080 Deadly weapon prohibited in vehicle--Exceptions.
9.32.100 Furnishing minor with ammunition.
9.32.110 Firing of weapon.
9.32.120 Air rifle or pellet gun restricted.

9.32.010 Concealed weapon prohibited--Allowed with permit.
No person, except a peace officer, shall wear or in any manner carry concealed upon his person any loaded or unloaded gun, pistol or revolver, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon permitted to be carried by law without having, at the same time, actually in his possession, and upon his person, an unexpired permit to do so issued by the chief of police. (Prior code § 7.22.010)
9.32.020 Permit--Issuance.
The chief of police shall have the power to issue to any person who, in the judgment of the chief of police, shall have such privilege, a written permit to carry concealed any of the weapons specified hereunder. Such permits shall be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are used. No permit shall be granted for a longer period than twelve (12) months. Each such permit shall state the name, address, and occupation of the person to whom the same is issued, and the date of its expiration and shall specify the kind and description of weapon authorized to be carried or concealed by such person. (Prior code § 7.22.020)
9.32.030 Permit--Record--Fee.
The chief of police shall have a record of all persons to whom a permit has been authorized by him hereunder. No permit required hereunder shall be issued to any person until such person shall have paid to the chief of police a registration fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00). (Ord. 867 § 1, 1987: prior code § 7.22.030)
9.32.040 Dangerous or deadly weapon defined.
The term "dangerous or deadly weapons" includes, but is not limited to, any dirk or dagger; any knife with a blade three inches or more in length, and any snap-blade or spring-blade knife, regardless of the length of the blade; any ice pick or similar sharp stabbing tool; any straight edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle; any dangerous or deadly weapon within the meaning of any law of this state restricting the use thereof; and any cutting, stabbing, or bludgeoning weapon or device capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm; and any firearm other than (a) one carried pursuant to a valid permit, issued by a duly authorized government authority, or (b) an ordinary rifle or shotgun lawfully carried for purposes of hunting or other lawful sport. (Prior code § 7.22.040)
It is unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon, to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk or alley, or to wander about from place to place with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk, or loiter upon or about the premises of another. It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort. (Prior code § 7.22.050)
9.32.060 Person with concealed weapon not to be disorderly.
It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person or who has in his immediate physical possession any dangerous or deadly weapon to engage in any fight or to participate in any rough or disorderly conduct or to participate in any other rough or disorderly conduct upon any public place or way or upon the premises of another. (Prior code § 7.22.060)
9.32.070 Unlawful use of electronic stun device.
A. It is unlawful, within the city of North Las Vegas , for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to use an electronic stun device (device which is designed to deliver an electric shock to the body or person of another) for any purpose other than self defense.

B. It is further unlawful for any person, to possess such electronic stun device, who:

1. Has been convicted of a felony in the United States or the state of Nevada , or in any state or territory of the United States or any public subdivision thereof; or

2. Is a fugitive from justice; or

3. Is an unlawful user or seller of narcotics; or

4. Any minors under the age of eighteen (18) years. (Ord. 842 § 2, 1986)
9.32.080 Deadly weapon prohibited in vehicle--Exceptions.
It is unlawful for any person to have in his possession in any automobile, truck, motorcycle, or any other type of vehicle any dangerous or deadly weapon, but this restriction shall not be deemed to prohibit the carrying of ordinary tools or equipment carried in good faith for uses of honest work, trade or business, or for the purpose of legitimate sport or recreation. (Ord. 596 § 1, 1978: prior code § 7.22.070)
9.32.100 Furnishing minor with ammunition.
It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell or to give or lend any minor under the age of eighteen (18) years any ammunition for any firearms. (Prior code § 7.22.100)
9.32.110 Firing of weapon.
It is unlawful for any person to explode or fire any pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, or any other firearm within the limits of the city of North Las Vegas . (Prior code § 7.22.110)
9.32.120 Air rifle or pellet gun restricted.
It is unlawful for any person to use an air rifle or pellet gun within five hundred (500) feet of any inhabited dwelling in the city of North Las Vegas . (Prior code § 7.22.120)

Affordable Firearms training!
623-694-0377
AZ CCW classes are $40
Defensive Handgun Class is $65
http://www.blackwolfccw.com
www.azccwclasses.com

Post subject: Re: NORTH LAS VEGAS FIREARMS LAWS 2008
New postPosted: 05 May 2009, 15:07 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Okay John, I am confused...does N LAS accept Utah permit?

Larry

New postPosted: 07 May 2009, 19:48 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Not positive on North Las Vegas, I would contact them directly for a positive answer.

John

New postPosted: 07 May 2009, 20:48 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Thanks.

New postPosted: 08 May 2009, 10:57 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

jaws48 wrote:
Thanks.

No problem....

New postPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 11:46 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

So how could I even take a pistol to Las vegas? Keep it in my trunk and just leave it in my room?

but alas I cannot break the bonds of time and space so we all must deal with the 46 (+/- 2) chromosomes that your mother squeezed into our realm and the annoying defects brought on by the flawed genetics therein.- Kingjoey

New postPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 12:07 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

open carry

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

New postPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 13:23 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Las Vegas and North Las Vegas are two completely different cities. Additionally, the Las Vegas Strip isn't even in the city of Las Vegas, it's Clark County. That said, open-carry on the Strip will cause you nothing but grief, regardless of how legal it might be.

New postPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 14:58 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

How do you know when you've left one and entered the other? Barbed wire fences?

New postPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 17:34 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

AZ Husker wrote:
How do you know when you've left one and entered the other? Barbed wire fences?

Study the street map carefully, not even sign or a line on the ground.

New postPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 10:08 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

dont state laws trump city laws in matters. doesnt nv state trump n vegas on firearms??

the founders fought hand and musket to build this country. they we not military, they were farmers, merchants, and the like.

New postPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 11:35 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Kev_n_AZ wrote:
dont state laws trump city laws in matters. doesnt nv state trump n vegas on firearms??

Depends on the state. Some states have preemption laws that do. Some don't. Some, like NV, have them that grandfathered certain cities. Sometimes court cases overturn those. It's Nevada. Anything can happen. And usually does.

New postPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 11:40 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I will update these to the 2010 laws when I have time.

New postPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 18:56 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Jeez............So if I am walking around looking in the windows, slowly, I might be put in the cage.
It's no wonder I don't visit Vegas or Meheeco.

New postPosted: 24 Nov 2012, 16:38 
New to AZS

It sounds like North Las Vegas is more restrictive than other parts of Nevada? If I was to move to Las Vegas, should I avoid this City in regards to buying a house?