All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post subject: Prohibited Locations in Nevada
New postPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 18:23 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Prohibited Locations in Nevada
• A permit holder must NOT carry a concealed firearm into:
• Any facility of a law enforcement agency.
• A prison, city or county jail, or detention facility.
• A courthouse or courtroom.
• A public airport and/or a public building that is located on the property of a public airport.
• A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance.
• A public building that has a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building.
• Any facility of a public or private school without written permission.
• Any facility of a vocational/technical school, or the University of Nevada, or Community College System without written permission.
• Any other building owned or occupied by the Federal Government, the state, or local government.
• Any other place where carrying a concealed firearm is prohibited by state or federal law.
NRS: 244.364
• NRS 244.364 Limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 400,000 or more.
• 1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, “firearm” means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
• 2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
• 3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before June 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
• (a) A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
• (b) A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.
• 4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
• (a) “Firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
• (b) “Firearm capable of being concealed” includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
• (c) “Pistol” means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.
• (Added to NRS by 1989, 652; A 2007, 1289)

Affordable Firearms training!
623-694-0377
AZ CCW classes are $40
Defensive Handgun Class is $65
http://www.blackwolfccw.com
www.azccwclasses.com

Post subject: Re: Prohibited Locations in Nevada
New postPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 17:15 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Thanks!
Now that my Utah permit is worthless there, what's the next best option?
I travel to & spend a night or two there once a month for business. I don't really need to carry there, but I want to legally be able to have it in my car when travelling to & from. I'd like to have a valid permit just to make sure I don't screw up & forget to lock the gun up>

New postPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 23:56 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I carried in Vegas this past weekend. I figured few cops would know about the UT permit no longer being accepted and I really only had it on me while walking between my car and hotel room. I did have a tire blowout in the middle of the desert near Searchlight and a NV statie stopped to see if we had enough water. I had my P239 in the door pocket and he didn't ask about it.

New postPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 21:56 
New to AZS

John,

I have only an Az CCW. We're traveling to Idaho around Christmas and going through NV. I know my CCW doesn't hold, but am I ok if I have the gun locked up in the vehicle? How can I be legal with the gun in the car (obviously not on me)? Thanks!

New postPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 22:13 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

txn_n_az wrote:
John,

I have only an Az CCW. We're traveling to Idaho around Christmas and going through NV. I know my CCW doesn't hold, but am I ok if I have the gun locked up in the vehicle? How can I be legal with the gun in the car (obviously not on me)? Thanks!

Long as it's legal at your "final destination"you can drive through any state,just make sure it's secured if going through a state that doesn't recognize your CCW.

New postPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 01:23 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

nevada is an open carry state

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

New postPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 20:45 
New to AZS

Thanks!

New postPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 19:56 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

buffalo wrote:
txn_n_az wrote:
John,

Long as it's legal at your "final destination"you can drive through any state,just make sure it's secured if going through a state that doesn't recognize your CCW.

I moved here from Nevada,
You can carry a loaded firearm(Handgun) within your vehicle in Nevada as long as it is not within your immediate control. This means if it is in a holster, in your glovebox you are fine. It cannot be on your hip or next to you between the seats unless you have a valid CCw for Nevada. You cannot however carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle. Having rounds in the magazine but not in the chamber does not render a firearm loaded per NRS, but I would not want to push it and may just carry a rifle with the loaded magazine removed.

All of this can be found and verified at http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Nrs/

480-686-4188

New postPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 00:08 
New to AZS

John, I already hold an AZ CCW, thanks to you and your class, how would I obtain a NV permit?

- az240sx.org
- azbmw.org
- VWVortex.com

New postPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 14:42 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Wastegate Action wrote:
John, I already hold an AZ CCW, thanks to you and your class, how would I obtain a NV permit?

Not too sure, I believe you have to go to Nevada for the class.

Here is thier info page: http://www.lvmpd.com/permits/firearms_concealed.html

John

Affordable Firearms training!
623-694-0377
AZ CCW classes are $40
Defensive Handgun Class is $65
http://www.blackwolfccw.com
www.azccwclasses.com

New postPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 14:10 
New to AZS

Thanks for the info. John!

- az240sx.org
- azbmw.org
- VWVortex.com

New postPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 20:15 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I need to go to Nevada then and get their permit too. I like driving to Vegas.

New postPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 21:53 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

FYI on NV CCW limitations. You have to list the specific gun you plan to carry on your permit with the exception of revolvers. If you can qualify with a revolver then you can carry any revolver make and model.

New postPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 22:48 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Are there any sheriffs who are more lenient for the out of state permits than the las vegas area?

Feedback http://tinyurl.com/BroncoAZ

New postPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:11 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

There is no "out of state" Nevada permit. You go, take a class, send in the forms, get the permit.

It's better to do it outside of Clark County (Las Vegas area) solely because you don't have to list the specific guns (incl serial numbers) you want to carry, as I hear Clark does. I could be wrong, but outside, just the make/model (i.e. Glock 19)