ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 11:12

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suicide at Caswells today?
New postPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 23:03 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Bummer azgunlover69, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Be safe.

New postPosted: 23 Aug 2013, 23:22 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

People who commit suicide don't want to die, they just want the pain to end. Whether it be physical or mental.

My condolences AZgun

New postPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 05:15 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

impulse wrote:
People who commit suicide don't want to die, they just want the pain to end. Whether it be physical or mental.

I'm pretty sure that's what he went thru. He was in and out of the hospital for pain. I spoke to him Wednesday and he hadn't slept for 3 days. Went the Dr and they gave him a new medication for sleep. I'm guessing it didn't help and he chose the permanent sleep option. In a way I'm glad his and the families pain is gone, just wish it had been different circumstances.
It was crazy to read someone post about another suicide on a range and I just thought, wow...it wasn't sgc this time...then to receive a phone call minutes later hearing the news about my brother made me think differently about some of the stuff I post. Regardless of how I feel in a situation, no matter how immature or incapable someone is being, they are still someone's mom, dad, child, or sibling. And who am I to judge that person...
I appreciate everyone's support thru this. Thank you for the kind words.
On a final note I share this. Not to quote any famous people, but the night before last I had a dream that I was walking along a river looking at some nice trout thinking I needed to go fishing. As I walked to a house and someone answered the door, I introduced my sister(who was a year older than me, still born in real life and naked in the dream(weird I know but she appeared naked in the dream as she was naked when she was still born.)) I walked thru the house looking for whoever was the home owner when someone told me he had skipped out on the family and left everyone behind.
When I woke up yesterday and told my wife about the dream she said maybe my sister was trying to communicate with me thru my dreams. At the time I didn't really understand nor had I ever believed in that sort of thing. But after my brother leaving us yesterday like the homeowner in the dream, and after my dad telling me he was cremating and spreading his ashes along oak creek where he used to love to fish like the fish in the creek in my dream, I kind of feel a little different about that whole communicating from the dead idea.
Now there really wasn't anything I could have done to stop what happened, my wife just said maybe my sister was trying to warn or prepare me for what was about to happen.
Food for thought the next time u can't make sense of a dream.

New postPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 05:49 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Azgunlover69 I am one of your dads bee keeping friends. I got to his house about 4:00 pm. He told me that he had received a phone call a couple hours before informing him that his son had taken his own life over at caswells ( very near my home) And he said same thing you did about his problems. I lost a brother in a hunting accident years ago, and while you never forget it will get better.I was kinda shocked after leaving Brett's to come home and see this thread. I guess the world really is smaller than we think some times. Best of luck to you and your family and god bless... George Brenner.

New postPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 15:35 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

I was two lanes over from this young man when he decided to do this. I was there teaching another woman to shoot for the first time as she wanted to learn for self defensive. She is traumatized by what happened. We were the last ones out of the room after this happened. Why I didn't see him take his life, I was there with him during his last moments. I will never forget. My heart goes out to his family and friends for their loss.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 07:25 
New to AZS

Strong thoughts to you - try to focus on the good times (even if they were long ago) and the love you had for your brother. You clearly did everything in your power to help. Not everyone can be reached.

And take care of your mom - she needs you.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 07:37 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Had not it been CASWELL's and the person was hell bent on taking their life, they would have done it some way else.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 07:47 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Quote:
I was there teaching another woman to shoot for the first time as she wanted to learn for self defensive. She is traumatized by what happened.

Wow....what a drag.

Be safe.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 08:26 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Story True??? Very long ago 1996.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Inves ... faed2f0e95

"Investigators Puzzled Over British Couple's Suicide
AP , Associated Press
Feb. 23, 1996 11:47 PM ET

MESA, ARIZ. MESA, Ariz. (AP) _ Investigators remained stumped Friday about why a young British couple dressed in black battle fatigues walked into a shooting range, rented handguns and then committed suicide.

Autopsies confirmed that Stephen Bateman and Ruth Fleming each shot themselves once in the head, authorities said.

``I'm really having a struggle dealing with a couple doing something so final, and neither hesitated,'' said shooting range owner Kenny Woodward, who discovered the bodies. ``How would you do something like that?''

The couple, both 22, went to the Caswell Shooting Club Rangemaster in this Phoenix suburb on Wednesday, rented a .357-caliber Magnum for Bateman and a .38-caliber for Fleming, and then killed themselves in a shooting bay.

No notes or other evidence indicating a motive have been found, Sgt. Earle Lloyd said.

``The detective talked to their parents and relatives and they have no idea why they committed suicide,'' Lloyd said.

Bateman, from Lancaster, England, and Fleming, from Durham, England, were not married or related. They had visited the range about a dozen times since January, Woodward said, always wearing the black battle fatigues.

No one witnessed the actual shootings. Woodward said he didn't speak to the couple except to get information required to rent the handguns.

``They were just nice, young people as far as I knew,'' he said. ``They weren't rude, they just didn't have anything to say beyond questions that were pertinent.''
"

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' (Author unknown)

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 09:28 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Or...could it be that it's happened more than once.

Not uncommon for ranges that rent. I don't know of a range that's been in business for more than a few years that hasn't had at least one.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 09:39 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Pennypincher- I have tried searching for an article about this as well, but cannot find it. I only know this is legit and REAL because my mom is not all about calling me crying, telling me my brother took his ownlife at a range in mesa as part of an April fool's joke. Would you like me to give you the police report number to satisfy you as well? Or you could call mesa pd and ask the question instead of posting on the forum questioning the reliability of resources.
Yes this is a true story, yes I lost my brother within the story, doesn't get much more real.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 09:41 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

17 year old story brought back to life on the internet, this is why I ask when people tell me of NEWS EVENT, what is the source, and do some independent investigation because of RUMORS, and the NET.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 09:49 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

The only person bringing a 17 yo story back is you. 8/23/2013 is when my brother took his life at caswells.

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 10:11 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

akapennypincher wrote:
17 year old story brought back to life on the internet, this is why I ask when people tell me of NEWS EVENT, what is the source, and do some independent investigation because of RUMORS, and the NET.

You are a jackass. There have been multiple people confirming this and AZGUN has said his brother took his life on Friday and your talking about "RUMORS" and bringing up 17 year old stories. You want to do some research and investigating try starting here

Caswell shooting

New postPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 10:41 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

wow, same shit different state.

it was becoming a thing in Lakeland Florida.... I thought I escaped that kindashit

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next