"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:09

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post subject: 9mm Glock AR lower Question
New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 16:07 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

I see on the board that a couple different companies make 9mm dedicated AR lowers... Why not make one for a Glock magazine?
If I remember correctly there is one company who makes them, can't remember who now. but rumor has it they were not the most reliable guns in general.

I would buy one....

Enno

Post subject: Re: 9mm Glock AR lower Question
New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 16:44 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

LONE WOLF AR GLOCK CARBINE www.lonewolfdist.com
Lone Wolf R&D complete carbine AR-Glock lower receiver includes stainless steel trigger parts and 6 position adjustable stock. This receiver is dedicated to use with Glock full size magazines. Stamped multi-cal it accepts most AR style 9mm uppers and is also compatible for use with the AR57 uppers.

•Carbine receiver accepts Glock magazines only, models G17 & G18-9mm, G22-40 S&W, G31-357 Sig.
•CNC machined from Mil-spec 7075 aluminum forging.
•Type 3 hard coat anodized, black only.
•Accepts all AR57 uppers.
•Accepts Olympic 9mm uppers. Bolt modification are required for use with CMMG and Colt 9mm uppers.
Attachment:
AR GLOCK CARBINE 1.jpg

Attachment:
AR GLOCK CARBINE 2.jpg

[smilie=icon_smile_darth.gif]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 16:58 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Interesting. I never knew they made them.

Thanks
Enno

New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 19:04 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Olympic Arms makes the ones you're thinking of, they retail at $925, and you're unlikely to find them much cheaper because demand is higher than supply.
I didn't know that Lone Wolf had started making Glock AR lowers until reading the above post.

The thing is, however, you can't just get the lower from Olympic, they only sell complete rifles. Also, the Oly upper has a proprietary extractor and internal machining, so you can't use a different brand upper on your Oly lower. Apparently the Lone Wolf lower is the same deal, so you're still limited to an Oly upper. The Glock mags require some unique upper receiver features, so they're not interchangeable with regular 9mm uppers.

Mine is a 5" SBR and runs 100%. With my 9mm can attached and 147gr., it's one of my favorite guns.

New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 19:40 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Olympic Arms K9-GL is the model. I have a flat-top one. It takes G26 and G19 mags as well as G17 and G18 mags. Pretty handy to be able to share pistol/rifle mags. Its a Patrol Rifle concept.....

New postPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 23:27 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

•Carbine receiver accepts Glock magazines only, models G17 & G18-9mm, G22-40 S&W, G31-357 Sig.

[smilie=icon_smile_darth.gif]

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 10:04 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I had an Oly KG-9 that took the Glock mags, it was the only 9mm AR I have ever owned that worked, hell it worked all the time, everytime, no matter what ammo you ran through the bitch. Ended up giving it to Randy, NFA_USER on here. Shit he turned it into a full auto, and again, worked all the time everytime, nasty little subgun. Think he ended up giving it to Aaron Merchant lol, twas a nasty mean little 9mm.

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 10:07 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

delta_tango wrote:
I had an Oly KG-9 that took the Glock mags, it was the only 9mm AR I have ever owned that worked, hell it worked all the time, everytime, no matter what ammo you ran through the bitch. Ended up giving it to Randy, NFA_USER on here. Shit he turned it into a full auto, and again, worked all the time everytime, nasty little subgun. Think he ended up giving it to Aaron Merchant lol, twas a nasty mean little 9mm.

So was the OA bolt carrier a FA type then? Would a registered DIAS work in one of these Oly guns?

ImageImage

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 10:33 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Randy did a reweld on the carrier, smoothed it out and reparked it, I would think the drop in sere would work fine in it, the only thing different on the lower versus a regular one was that little piece of metal stickin up for the bulet guide.

New postPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 10:53 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

delta_tango wrote:
Randy did a reweld on the carrier, smoothed it out and reparked it, I would think the drop in sere would work fine in it, the only thing different on the lower versus a regular one was that little piece of metal stickin up for the bulet guide.

It seems RRA & Colt bolts can be modified to work. They just neede a little cutting to reduce portion of the bolt face that scoops up the round in the mag so that it fits through the narrower space between feedlips on a Glock mag (as opposed to the wider distance on Uzi mags).

ImageImage

New postPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 19:13 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I've had the Olympic for a couple of years, never a complaint about it. It works well and is plenty accurate. I swapped in an RRA NM trigger without issue.

I used to shoot it more before the obamination, but now that I've become an ammo hording whore the Spike's .22lr spends more time at the range.

Feedback http://tinyurl.com/BroncoAZ

New postPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 16:20 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

ah

New postPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 09:38 
New to AZS

I built a rifle from the Gen 1 Lone Wolf kit and a custom upper from hand picked pieces. Came out flipping sweet. Shot like a dream. Too bad it was all New Yorked and long!

I have 10 of their Gen 2 lowers on order and they were supposed to hit the ground in July! But have 5 guns on hold(ordered) in a 5" SBR format. I have 8 more barrels from 5", 7.5, 10.5 and 16 that are ready to rock. Fake suppressors under a carbine or mid-quad give it that SD look until you get the real deal. GemTech MultiMounts and SWR Trident or Octane have been the cans of choice thus far. But most pistol suppressors can be adapted to run too. Replace the spring with a spacer to lock it up.

I have only held the new version at SHOT. They were much more refined than the old ones and looked great. Apparently there have been some issues getting them to market. They were slated to arrive in March this year?

I have been building the uppers on RRA dedicated 9mm uppers or Sun Devil Billet with the shell deflector custom fitted to the fat billet sides. The Sun Devil looks amazing with a Spike's BAR rail! Finish matches up perfectly and the lines are to die for.

www.mrsilencer.com

New postPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 10:04 
New to AZS

I had the Oly Arms Glock in 9mm. The thing ran perfect and never had any problems. Never should have gotton rid of that badboy.

New postPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 14:41 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

We (Double Diamond LE Supply) in Tucson make an AR-15 lower that take Glock mags. ;)