ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:17

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: colt tactical .22lr m4
New postPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 14:40 
New to AZS

i just bought it, i like it alot. its alot of fun for my first gun, anyone else have this gun?

Post subject: Re: colt tactical .22lr m4
New postPosted: 01 May 2010, 11:41 
New to AZS

heres a pic, sorry it wasnt up before. all in all, its a cool rifle, i suppose its great for training on an assault style rifle. I almost would rather switch to a 10/22 since this is almost too complicated for me since i just started shooting.

New postPosted: 01 May 2010, 12:37 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

That sure is a sweet plinker. Nice choice for you first gun. I would not worry about it being "complicated" you will get used to it in no time. Just alway remember the basic shooting safety rules in the owners manuals.
Have fun :D

New postPosted: 01 May 2010, 13:15 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

nice gun

New postPosted: 01 May 2010, 16:07 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Good looking rifle.

New postPosted: 03 May 2010, 19:22 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

I got 22 conversion for both my ARs and they are a blast to shoot....

New postPosted: 03 May 2010, 19:34 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

I got the S&W M&P15-22 it brakes down and functions exactly like a AR

New postPosted: 09 May 2010, 01:44 
New to AZS

nice gun I'm thinking I need a 22 conversion for mine, oh yeah and a bunch of mags

New postPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 14:06 
New to AZS

How much does one of those run? I know you can get a really nice 10/22 setup in the $500 range. That looks like a lot of gun for a .22 dedicated?

www.mrsilencer.com

New postPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 15:12 
New to AZS

Nice choice. Have fun.

New postPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 18:29 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Unfortunately I "had" one a few months ago, ended up selling it so I could buy a S&W MP15-22. My COLT experienced multiple FTF's on standard long rifle bulk paks. After reading the instructions, I found it only the use of "High velocity" rounds (@$8 per 100), the manual also recommended that you use the supplied allen wrench and turn the spring adjustment in all the way until is stops. After doing this and using HV ammo (CCI or Rem Viper's), the rifle performed nicely with just a couple of FTF's.

I sold mine because it didn't quite live up to my expectations. [smilie=icon_redface.gif] The trigger was very heavy and was in a "pot metal" housing making any adjustments impossible. The barrel is actually a tube held in-place inside the outer shell of the rifle, the flash hider is used to center the tube inside the shell (be sure you use the wrench to loosen the flashhider so you can separate the halves). There is no bolt hold back except for last shot fired (although you can reach up into the magwell and push up on the spring and activate it manually. The cute little bolt release latch on the left side is strictly for display and non-functioning. And lastly after separating the halves, cleaning of the non-removable bolt assembly is by spraying gun cleaner into the mechanism and letting it dry. Be careful of a little plastic lug on the lower half as it falls out during separation of the halves. Before taking it apart for cleaning search YouTube for "COLT M4-22 field stripping", there is a very good video on how this is done.

The Smith on the other hand, operates and has full function like the AR models. Bolt catch, trigger and bolt assembly all function like original model, I am very pleased with the rifle. Another good aspect is it is cheaper than the COLT. :D

New postPosted: 01 Aug 2010, 21:13 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

WKshooter wrote:
Unfortunately I "had" one a few months ago, ended up selling it so I could buy a S&W MP15-22. My COLT experienced multiple FTF's on standard long rifle bulk paks. After reading the instructions, I found it only the use of "High velocity" rounds (@$8 per 100), the manual also recommended that you use the supplied allen wrench and turn the spring adjustment in all the way until is stops. After doing this and using HV ammo (CCI or Rem Viper's), the rifle performed nicely with just a couple of FTF's.

I sold mine because it didn't quite live up to my expectations. [smilie=icon_redface.gif] The trigger was very heavy and was in a "pot metal" housing making any adjustments impossible. The barrel is actually a tube held in-place inside the outer shell of the rifle, the flash hider is used to center the tube inside the shell (be sure you use the wrench to loosen the flashhider so you can separate the halves). There is no bolt hold back except for last shot fired (although you can reach up into the magwell and push up on the spring and activate it manually. The cute little bolt release latch on the left side is strictly for display and non-functioning. And lastly after separating the halves, cleaning of the non-removable bolt assembly is by spraying gun cleaner into the mechanism and letting it dry. Be careful of a little plastic lug on the lower half as it falls out during separation of the halves. Before taking it apart for cleaning search YouTube for "COLT M4-22 field stripping", there is a very good video on how this is done.

The Smith on the other hand, operates and has full function like the AR models. Bolt catch, trigger and bolt assembly all function like original model, I am very pleased with the rifle. Another good aspect is it is cheaper than the COLT. :D

I was about to ask if this and the smith were the same. Thanks for this info. I am looking at a smith near where I live

New postPosted: 01 Aug 2010, 21:24 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

DANGERRUSS wrote:
WKshooter wrote:

I was about to ask if this and the smith were the same. Thanks for this info. I am looking at a smith near where I live

+1 My M&P runs flawlessly......

New postPosted: 02 Aug 2010, 02:23 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Nice! I can't decide on getting one of these or the S&W version.

New postPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:02 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Just picked up a S&W last night. I have not yet shoot it , but it seems very well made. I think will be a great trainer for my little girl and a fun toy for me.