ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 11:10


All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Custom Search





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 20:43 
Offline
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Joined: 20 Apr 2011, 17:03
Posts: 197
Location: Peoria
I have always liked the platform and enjoyed shooting it. Looking for a semi auto version that i can buy new, do they make one? Is a SBR stamp required for one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 21:10 
Offline
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 15:56
Posts: 2711
Location: Chandler, AZ
I believe Bobcat Weapons and Vector Arms used to make them, but I'm not sure now. Their reputation for quality firearms was always under question if I recall, but I've never owned one, so don't quote me on that. And yes, they sell with a 16" barrel (often disguised as a suppressor), so you'd need to SBR it to cut it any shorter.

_________________
**LOOKING FOR WORK! Contact me for details/resume!**
-Savage MKIIBV For Sale!-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 21:23 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home
User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2005, 01:28
Posts: 11512
Location: Queen Creek aka Queentucky AZ
Or if you had way too much money, you could buy a real HK 94, the only diff is the lack of paddle mag release and the bbl length. Both of which can be dealt with.

D.

_________________
AZEX, 17426 E. HUNT HWY. QUEEN CREEK, AZ 85142 www.azex.co FIDEI DEFENSOR
"If you press (cops...for more accountability) they will whine like Muslims, murderous, unaccountable, hypersensitive to criticism and perpetually offended."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 23:06 
Offline
AZS Addict
AZS Addict
User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 20:50
Posts: 513
Location: Glendale, AZ
Basher wrote:
I believe Bobcat Weapons and Vector Arms used to make them, but I'm not sure now. Their reputation for quality firearms was always under question if I recall, but I've never owned one, so don't quote me on that. And yes, they sell with a 16" barrel (often disguised as a suppressor), so you'd need to SBR it to cut it any shorter.


Cohaire Arms is still making them. You can buy it with the 16" barrel (fake can) or buy the SBR version.

http://coharie-arms.com/ca89sbr.html

http://coharie-arms.com/ca94fs.html

I've never had any issues with reliability and quality. My only gripe was that the trigger pull was TERRIBLE! 15lbs. I resolved that by having one trigger pack refinished in NP3, and the other got sent to Bill Springfield for a trigger job.

The current trigger packs feel pretty good. I just got a new one in yesterday and it's about a 6lb trigger pull.

_________________
Are you a SHEEP, or a WOLF!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 10:37 
Offline
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Joined: 20 Apr 2011, 17:03
Posts: 197
Location: Peoria
2ndchance wrote:
Basher wrote:
I believe Bobcat Weapons and Vector Arms used to make them, but I'm not sure now. Their reputation for quality firearms was always under question if I recall, but I've never owned one, so don't quote me on that. And yes, they sell with a 16" barrel (often disguised as a suppressor), so you'd need to SBR it to cut it any shorter.


Cohaire Arms is still making them. You can buy it with the 16" barrel (fake can) or buy the SBR version.

http://coharie-arms.com/ca89sbr.html

http://coharie-arms.com/ca94fs.html

I've never had any issues with reliability and quality. My only gripe was that the trigger pull was TERRIBLE! 15lbs. I resolved that by having one trigger pack refinished in NP3, and the other got sent to Bill Springfield for a trigger job.

The current trigger packs feel pretty good. I just got a new one in yesterday and it's about a 6lb trigger pull.


Thanks for the links.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 10:44 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 11:31
Posts: 5057
Location: Assault Primate
Coharie/special weapons/top notch/bobcat are all owned by the same group of sheisters.

While they may appear to be MP5 copies from a distance, your chances of getting one that reliably operates in the semi automatic mode are low. However, they do make pretty good straight pull bolt actions, assuming of course that your mags fit the often out of spec mag wells.

_________________
Image

Visit: http://nyan.cat/ The interweb's way, truth and light.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 11:11 
Offline
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!
User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 23:02
Posts: 1824
i've got a vector arms mp5k in .40. it's very reliable and functions fine with HK mags.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 15:20 
Offline
AZS Addict
AZS Addict
User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 20:50
Posts: 513
Location: Glendale, AZ
I don't understand why there are so many haters. If you visit his original forum board or the new one under Cohaire, you'll find a LOT of happy customers.

Special weapons was created by Todd Bailey. Top Notch parts was a family member ( a brother). Bobcat was not "part" of their organization. They bought this MP5 clone business. When they failed, Todd took it back renamed the company Cohaire Arms, which is run by his wife.

Sure, it's pretty much a family business but that's not all bad. I've owned at least one of every gun they've made. I own 3 of their MP5 clones. I've never had an issue. His customer support is awesome. Not too long ago, I screwed up my trigger pack and lower grip. He was kind enough to replace it for me... FREE! The worst experience I had was when I started having Failure to Extract. A quick phone call and I had a bag of 20 new (improved) extractor springs in my hands in 4 days.

In any case, there are not a lot of quality MP5 clones out there. Cohaire Arms IS one of the nicest I've seen and you get more bang for the buck.

I mean, you can get a Cohaire with an ambi-navy polymer grip for $1400.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226923131

You may get a better deal if you called Cohaire Arms directly.

Vector starts at $2599.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct903.aspx

TheRedHorseman wrote:
Coharie/special weapons/top notch/bobcat are all owned by the same group of sheisters.

While they may appear to be MP5 copies from a distance, your chances of getting one that reliably operates in the semi automatic mode are low. However, they do make pretty good straight pull bolt actions, assuming of course that your mags fit the often out of spec mag wells.

_________________
Are you a SHEEP, or a WOLF!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 15:33 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5041
Location: Omnipresent
2ndchance wrote:
I don't understand why there are so many haters. If you visit his original forum board or the new one under Cohaire, you'll find a LOT of happy customers.

Special weapons was created by Todd Bailey. Top Notch parts was a family member ( a brother). Bobcat was not "part" of their organization. They bought this MP5 clone business. When they failed, Todd took it back renamed the company Cohaire Arms, which is run by his wife.

Sure, it's pretty much a family business but that's not all bad. I've owned at least one of every gun they've made. I own 3 of their MP5 clones. I've never had an issue. His customer support is awesome. Not too long ago, I screwed up my trigger pack and lower grip. He was kind enough to replace it for me... FREE! The worst experience I had was when I started having Failure to Extract. A quick phone call and I had a bag of 20 new (improved) extractor springs in my hands in 4 days.

In any case, there are not a lot of quality MP5 clones out there. Cohaire Arms IS one of the nicest I've seen and you get more bang for the buck.

I mean, you can get a Cohaire with an ambi-navy polymer grip for $1400.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226923131

You may get a better deal if you called Cohaire Arms directly.

Vector starts at $2599.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct903.aspx

TheRedHorseman wrote:
Coharie/special weapons/top notch/bobcat are all owned by the same group of sheisters.

While they may appear to be MP5 copies from a distance, your chances of getting one that reliably operates in the semi automatic mode are low. However, they do make pretty good straight pull bolt actions, assuming of course that your mags fit the often out of spec mag wells.

Those happy customers are probably just Toad's troll accounts tooting his own horn.

_________________
Image

AZEX wrote:
I think your dick beaters might be a bit big for this gun...hold hands with me so I can be sure.

D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 15:46 
Offline
AZS Addict
AZS Addict
User avatar

Joined: 05 Aug 2008, 11:00
Posts: 730
Location: Huskerville
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 16:22 
Offline
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2008, 22:33
Posts: 1504
Location: Mesa
montecarlo78 wrote:
Image


Paging KingJoey, KingJoey to this thread please.

_________________
delta_echo wrote:
As I sat in WY last week, cooking in an up-armored Humvee while a training IED went off to my right, I - no kidding - thought to myself,"F*** your IED . . . BUY ANOTHER ONE!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 16:24 
Offline
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!
User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 16:40
Posts: 2405
Location: Work Tempe / Home Gilbert
On the HKPRO forums, a highly thought of maker is a bit newer to the game: Dakota Tactical.
HKParts.net actually sells their stuff. They are more expensive then the ones previously mentioned here.
They start at $2500 and go up from there...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 16:31 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 11:31
Posts: 5057
Location: Assault Primate
Gras wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
I don't understand why there are so many haters. If you visit his original forum board or the new one under Cohaire, you'll find a LOT of happy customers.

Special weapons was created by Todd Bailey. Top Notch parts was a family member ( a brother). Bobcat was not "part" of their organization. They bought this MP5 clone business. When they failed, Todd took it back renamed the company Cohaire Arms, which is run by his wife.

Sure, it's pretty much a family business but that's not all bad. I've owned at least one of every gun they've made. I own 3 of their MP5 clones. I've never had an issue. His customer support is awesome. Not too long ago, I screwed up my trigger pack and lower grip. He was kind enough to replace it for me... FREE! The worst experience I had was when I started having Failure to Extract. A quick phone call and I had a bag of 20 new (improved) extractor springs in my hands in 4 days.

In any case, there are not a lot of quality MP5 clones out there. Cohaire Arms IS one of the nicest I've seen and you get more bang for the buck.

I mean, you can get a Cohaire with an ambi-navy polymer grip for $1400.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226923131

You may get a better deal if you called Cohaire Arms directly.

Vector starts at $2599.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct903.aspx

TheRedHorseman wrote:
Coharie/special weapons/top notch/bobcat are all owned by the same group of sheisters.

While they may appear to be MP5 copies from a distance, your chances of getting one that reliably operates in the semi automatic mode are low. However, they do make pretty good straight pull bolt actions, assuming of course that your mags fit the often out of spec mag wells.

Those happy customers are probably just Toad's troll accounts tooting his own horn.


Exactly.

Does it not seem odd that there's nothing on a manufacturer's site but praise? Praise with the same, nearly illiterate, lack of grammar used by the owner himself?

_________________
Image

Visit: http://nyan.cat/ The interweb's way, truth and light.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 16:34 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5041
Location: Omnipresent
Image
http://www.ripoffreport.com/guns-ranges ... -67ma4.htm

_________________
Image

AZEX wrote:
I think your dick beaters might be a bit big for this gun...hold hands with me so I can be sure.

D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do they make a semi auto MP5?
New postPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 23:29 
Offline
AZS is my home
AZS is my home
User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2005, 01:28
Posts: 11512
Location: Queen Creek aka Queentucky AZ
Toad's "new improved" extractor springs were actually NEW extractor springs to replace the worn out crap he put in hundreds of guns, which he cleaned and painted with goldish paint to make them look new....no shyt.

Toad is a loudmouth doosh of the worst sort, the kind who produces JUNK, and belittles everyone who does it right.

Someone even posted a link to a news story from a Taiwanese news story complaining that the guns "couldn't fire two rounds without a jam".

To make it worse, Toadie talks smack to everyone who does better work than he does, and who turns out a better product.

He started talking shyt to me in front of my kid at SAR show one year, after I looked him dead in the eye and threatened to crack his head open, he scurried off like a rat.

He has talked all kinds of shyt about Big 50, referring to him at "Little 50" which is hilarious, because Big 50 is about 6'2" and 270, and Toad looks like a reject from "Little People, Big World" at about 5'1" and 170. When Big 50 saw Toad at a school recital, as luck would have it, Toad and his wife sat behind Big 50. When Big 50 couldn't stand it anymore, he turned around and said "Why don't you call me 'Little 50' now, bitch?"...of course, Toad scurried off to go sit on the other side of the room.

Toad has talked all kinds of smack about our own Kingjoey, who, true to form, went right on down to Shitty Weppins and tried to get a little "mano e mano" understanding with Toadie. Toad hid in his office...like the bitch he is.

and on and on.

Why do people hate Toad? Cause he won't shut his F'n mouth and concentrate on his own product, which always seems to be in need of some improving.

Until recently, there wasn't any real choice as far as MP5 clone receivers went. I have, and may continue to build for customers or offer for resale, SBRs built on Toad's receivers (albeit after a lot of cleanup) with all German, some German, or all US parts. I can, AND HAVE, demanded 3K ea. for my examples...and I'VE GOTTEN IT. Not because I build as much questionable crap as possible, simply so I can say that I've turned out more than anyone, but because folks know that it works when it leaves here, and if it doesn't, I'll take a loss to make it work or make it right.

Quality has a quantity all it's own. It's akin to a choice between 2 dozen Hi-Points or 6 perfect Hi-Powers.

D.

_________________
AZEX, 17426 E. HUNT HWY. QUEEN CREEK, AZ 85142 www.azex.co FIDEI DEFENSOR
"If you press (cops...for more accountability) they will whine like Muslims, murderous, unaccountable, hypersensitive to criticism and perpetually offended."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group