It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 00:46

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to: Setting up an LLC in Maricopa County
New postPosted: 04 Apr 2005, 09:37 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

First thing to do is to go here:

http://www.cc.state.az.us/corp/filings/namesrch.htm

After reading that page, click on the first link in that page to pull up a search page. Do an Alpha search and then a Word search on the name you want to use for your LLC. Make sure that the name you want is not already taken, and isn’t TOO close to some other name that is being used.

When you have a name ready for your LLC, download this zip file and then extract the files from within it:

http://www.arizonashooting.com/firearms ... lc_nfa.zip

Open each PDF form and print each one out. The “costsâ€￾ one is self explanatory. It will cost you $50 for your LLC (filing your Articles of Incorporation) and takes about 3-4 months for the AZ Corporation Commission to complete it, or you can pay $35 more to “expediteâ€￾ the work. It takes about one-third the time if you choose to expedite it. Write a check for the $50 or $85, and then go through the docs and fill them out starting with the PDF file I titled “fill out firstâ€￾. It’s a checklist, but has some things to fill out – kinda like a worksheet. Once you finish that, fill out the one I titled “Fill out secondâ€￾ which is your cover sheet. On the top, you put your LLC name (for example, “ACME, LLCâ€￾. Under “Aâ€￾ (1) you will choose the first check box “NEW Entity Filingâ€￾. (2) Domestic (3) LLC, (4 & 5) whatever you chose to do. Under “Bâ€￾ you should choose “Articles of Incorporationâ€￾ for your Filing Type. I leave “Câ€￾ blank. “Dâ€￾ is up to you – if you want something else. I leave it blank. “Eâ€￾ is also up to you. I choose “Mailâ€￾. Then finish the bottom part. Then fill out the PDF file I called “Fill out last (third)â€￾. It should just be copying the stuff from your worksheet. This last page is your LLC’s “Articles of Incorporationâ€￾ in a very simple form. You could make it more complex if you want though the simple form has always been sufficient for me. For section III, you’d probably want to choose "A" or “Bâ€￾. I choose "B". You can then list any members you want. These people can have access to all the company’s assets, but be careful, as they are also legally part owners of the LLC. You can always add and remove people (members), but it costs money to refile your articles to make changes. Then put the cover sheet, your articles and the check in an envelope and send it to the address specified on the instructions.

Once you get it back from the state, you have to publish notice of incorporation in an approved newspaper in Maricopa County for 3 consecutive publications and then submit that info to the state. Then your LLC is finished and legal.

I hope that helps a bit…

Post subject: Thanks, and a question.
New postPosted: 04 Apr 2005, 12:03 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

I will point my customers that wish to go this route here.

Now for the question: A type C or S corp had to file a tax return every year,a nd pay $45 to the Corp Comission each year by August to stay incorporated. No big deal, as my Corp is actually in business of selling things.

What are the yearly filing requirements in Arizona, both yearly fee, and tax return filing for an LLC, if it is not really in the business of buying and selling things and making a profit??

Doug
http://www.srtarms.com

Post subject:
New postPosted: 04 Apr 2005, 12:04 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Talked to the Corp Comm last week on several outstanding applications that I have in with them.

Expedited filing is taking 9-10 weeks.

Regular filing is taking 5 months. [smilie=icon_sad.gif]

Our firm uses the Record Reporter for publication in Maricopa County. They charge about $40 and you can just fax your approved articles to them.

602-417-9900

fax 602-417-9910

I order Corporate Minute Books from Blumberg Excelsior. Usually just the Black Beauty model. www.blumberg.com

You can apply for an EIN online now at www.irs.gov. The form is called an SS-4.

If you are doing a single member LLC just to hold your NFA items you probably don't need an EIN.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 04 Apr 2005, 19:25 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

great info thanks a million

Post subject: Re: Thanks, and a question.
New postPosted: 04 Apr 2005, 21:25 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

AZDoug wrote:
I will point my customers that wish to go this route here.

Now for the question: A type C or S corp had to file a tax return every year,a nd pay $45 to the Corp Comission each year by August to stay incorporated. No big deal, as my Corp is actually in business of selling things.

What are the yearly filing requirements in Arizona, both yearly fee, and tax return filing for an LLC, if it is not really in the business of buying and selling things and making a profit??

Doug
http://www.srtarms.com

I've got a LLC for business purposes. But it really doesn't matter-- there's nothing else involved (aside from taxes if you're doing this for profit). No yearly fees, no yearly filings, nothing.

If you're in it for profit, you can elect to be taxed as a sole prop or as a corp. I elected to be a sole prop and just fill out a schedule C in addition to the standard 1040. That's it!

Mike

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 21:38 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Just ahd two of our client's expedited LLC filings approved today 4/5. They were submitted on 2/4. 8 week turnaround. [smilie=icon_sad.gif]

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 22:07 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Innocent_bystander wrote:
Just ahd two of our client's expedited LLC filings approved today 4/5. They were submitted on 2/4. 8 week turnaround. [smilie=icon_sad.gif]

Why the frown, that's better than the 5 -6 months others are waiting.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 22:10 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

MudBug wrote:

Doesn't MCSO usually turn things around much faster than 8 weeks?

Expedited filing in the past meant five working days not 8 weeks.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 22:30 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

MudBug wrote:

Doesn't MCSO usually turn things around much faster than 8 weeks?

Expedited filing in the past meant five working days not 8 weeks.

Wait, maybe I misunderstood, this was just for the MCSO part? and now you have to send off to the BATF?

If that's the case the frown away, you've earned it.

So what does having an LLC do for you here in AZ when dealing with the MCSO?

BTW, I'm getting the feeling that I'll need to go that route, I hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks just find out I need to go Corp.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 22:33 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

The "corporate route" just bypasses the need for the chief LEO signoff before sending it to the feds.

I don't think corporate forms are processed any faster at the NFA branch.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 05 Apr 2005, 22:42 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

The "corporate route" just bypasses the need for the chief LEO signoff before sending it to the feds.

I don't think corporate forms are processed any faster at the NFA branch.

Umm yeah, that's the part I might need.

Sucks to know that I can pass the FED requirements, but I might get cock blocked by my local "2A friendly" CLEO for stupid shit I did when I was young, none of which add up to an ATF denial.

BTW, I found out that my Father uses a Criminal background check sevice for his employees at his school, I should find out in a couple days exactly how big a f***-up I really am.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 06 Apr 2005, 00:20 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Corportae form 4 requirements:

The seller fills in the front page.

An officer of the Corp answres the questions at the top of page 2, and signs the reason section (15) on the back page, as an officer of the corp. "I (name /Corporate title), cerify that I have (reason, collection, inventment, whatever) to own this item, etc.

and then sign it, Your Name/Title in corporation.

No CLEO signature ,photos or fingerprint cards needed.

You DO need to send to ATF a copy of your articles of incorporation with the form 4.

You also need to fill out that 5330.20 citizenship cerification.

Doug

Post subject:
New postPosted: 14 May 2005, 11:03 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Are there any tax reporting requirements when the LLC is just for holding machineguns? No profits or business.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 13 Jul 2005, 06:31 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

I'd love to see a "How To" sticky on using a Trust for NFA in the state of AZ. Has anyone done that? Pros cons vs. an LLC.

CLEO sign-offs don't appear to be a problem in Chandler, but I'd like to explore all options.

Post subject: Re: How to: Setting up an LLC in Maricopa County
New postPosted: 15 Nov 2005, 21:58 
New to AZS

Does the LLC application process vary by county? I noticed the thread subject is "How to: Setting up an LLC in Maricopa County"