"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 19:59

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Custom Search

Post subject: CLEOs and exact location UPDATED 3.2012
New postPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 14:51 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

How about someone start a Sticky thread so we can all know where, exactly where to go with out 2 (or 3) pics, fingerprint cards, Form 1s or Form 4s, who to talk to, what special paperwork they might have, notary requirements and where to get them etc..etc...

MARICOPA. (updated 3.13.12 thanks Mr. McCrackin)

MCSO prints and signature

201 W. Jefferson court house

Prints, 4th floor Records, Summons and Printing office
$8 per card, 3 cards

Signature, 2nd floor Civil office, ATF window

Current timeline is 10-11 week turn around.

Note: have your MCSO form notorized before you get there, have your print cards filled out before you get there.
they will take the 4th passport photo and you cannot attach your photos until after they make copies of your Form X

Cities in Maricopa that do their own CLEO sign-offs.

Chandler PD, must be city of Chandler resident.

BUCKEYE, the Chief there does CLEO sign-offs. Must be a resident of Buckeye.

PINAL, Florence

If in Pinal Co. and doing Individual Transfers, Please send your applications to:

Pinal Co. Sheriff's Office
Attn: Deputy Chris Martin 1370
971 N. Jason Lopez Cir.
Building C
Florence, AZ 85132

If you need to call and follow up DON'T call the standard PCSO number.

Call (520) 866-5274

Deputy Martin just got this duty and is devoted to making this process as painless as possible for you.

PIMA

File is too big to upload to AZS, so here ya go:
http://www.coyotearms.com/PCSO_Doc.pdf

GILA.

CITY OF GLOBE

Talked to a customer today (1/30) who lived in Globe and said the Globe Police Chief does the sign-offs up there. No hassle. No "good 'ol boy" network either.

D.
AZEX

Last edited by AZEX on 13 Mar 2012, 15:45, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 14:57 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Something like this from FORD:

I was just down there this morning. Central and Jefferson. Use the North East entrance. (closest to parking and what you'll need inside)

*Remember, you'll be going through a security checkpoint, so leave your pocket knife, handcuff keys, and anything else that might cause problems at home. (or in your car)

*The office hours for fingerprinting are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.

* each card will cost $8.00 Bring exact change. They don't have a cash register. I didn't ask, but i suspect they will NOT take checks or credit/debit cards.

*they can do your ATF cards, but they will provide their own for the MCSO portion of the paperwork.

They have done thousands of these, and can walk you right through the system. They were very polite and helpful.

After you have your print cards, the office to turn in the rest of the paperwork is just down the hall a little ways. From the fingerprint office, turn left, and walk to the next entrance. When you see another security checkpoint coming up on your RIGHT (north), turn LEFT (south). You will see an information desk. walk towards it, and then turn Left (east) again. The office you need is right there. I went in for my first time today, and was done with everything in about 45 minutes.

Remember to fill out everything completely in advance, except for the signature on the fingerprint cards. (they may need to witness that)

Post subject:
New postPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 16:02 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

AZEX wrote:
* each card will cost $8.00 Bring exact change. They don't have a cash register. I didn't ask, but i suspect they will NOT take checks or credit/debit cards.

They ONLY take CASH and they will usually make small change, meaning if you need three cards they will more than likely give you $6 change if you bring a 20 and a 10, they did it for me.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 13:43 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

woops, my bad... it's first AVE and jefferson. MCSO took about 10 days to sign off. Any bets on how long form ATFE to give the OK? 8)

---Ford---

Post subject:
New postPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 13:45 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

woops, my bad... it's first AVE and jefferson. MCSO took about 10 days to sign off. Any bets on how long form ATFE to give the OK? 8)

---Ford---

Post subject:
New postPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 20:32 
New to AZS

AZEX wrote:
*The office hours for fingerprinting are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.

IIRC thats only for those getting prints because of a crime because they need a big burly Deputy to keep them in check. For those who are getting prints for administative non-criminal reasons, the hours are almost the entire time they are open. Its best to go when the jailbirds aren't there anyway since there is no line [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

Post subject:
New postPosted: 30 Jan 2006, 01:47 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

those are the hours posted on the door. There was no burly deputy when I went in. I suspect they do THOSE fingerprints somewhere else. I'm pretty sure this dept mostly handles NFA, CCW and background check stuff, but hey... i've been wrong before.

---Ford---

Post subject:
New postPosted: 30 Jan 2006, 10:40 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

Anyone have any info on chandler? What building do i go to?

Post subject:
New postPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 18:22 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

ok, i just dropped my paperwork off at Chandler PD.

The parking lot is on the north side of boston street. From the parking lot the building you want is to the east. There are large chrome letters that say "Chandler Police Department". Go up to the window and tell the lady that you need to be finger printed. Its $10 per card, they take cash, check and credit cards. Once you pay they will instruct you to fill out your card then you are finger printed right in the lobby. Once complete give your forms and cards to the lady behind the counter.

Thats it, very painless and quick.

We will see how long it takes to get them back.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 22:55 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Pinal County is easy. You drop off your paperwork on Monday and you’ll have them back signed (mailed to you) by Saturday.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 23:12 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Yes, but exactly where? what address, what door, contact info, etc...

D.
AZEX

Post subject:
New postPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 23:31 
AZS Addict
AZS Addict

Just walk into the Sheriff's office in Florence. Neither one is that big [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

Pinal County
Sheriff's Department
961 Jason Lopez Circle
Florence, AZ 85232

Post subject:
New postPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 15:54 
New to AZS

AZEX wrote:

I was just down there this morning. Central and Jefferson. Use the North East entrance. (closest to parking and what you'll need inside)

*Remember, you'll be going through a security checkpoint, so leave your pocket knife, handcuff keys, and anything else that might cause problems at home. (or in your car)

*they can do your ATF cards, but they will provide their own for the MCSO portion of the paperwork.

They have done thousands of these, and can walk you right through the system. They were very polite and helpful.

After you have your print cards, the office to turn in the rest of the paperwork is just down the hall a little ways. From the fingerprint office, turn left, and walk to the next entrance. When you see another security checkpoint coming up on your RIGHT (north), turn LEFT (south). You will see an information desk. walk towards it, and then turn Left (east) again. The office you need is right there. I went in for my first time today, and was done with everything in about 45 minutes.

Remember to fill out everything completely in advance, except for the signature on the fingerprint cards. (they may need to witness that)

I would also add that the Sheriff has his own form you need to fill out (application for cleo sign off for nfa transfer) which pretty much duplicates the information on the Form 4. The down side is that it needs to be notarized. I had to leave the courthouse and walk across the street to the Wells Fargo. When I go back down there I am going to grab a few copies so that this could be handled in advance.

Post subject:
New postPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 16:28 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

Whoever goes down there next, could you ask if they need original forms or can the forms be photocopied?

I'd like a pad of those, or permission to copy them, so you folks would only have to make one trip.

D.
AZEX

Post subject:
New postPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 16:38 
New to AZS

AZEX wrote:
Whoever goes down there next, could you ask if they need original forms or can the forms be photocopied?

I'd like a pad of those, or permission to copy them, so you folks would only have to make one trip.

D.
AZEX

That was my plan D. The forms themselves are shitty quality photocopies to begin with but I plan to drop you off as many as they will give me and you can copy the rest.