ArizonaShooting.com

"The #1 Resource for Shooters in Arizona!"
It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 19:56

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HK USP - Jamming on last round?
New postPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 09:15 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

Now that you've done extensive testing (2 different guns, many different magazines, etc) on Blazer, try a different ammo. Hope you find a solution soon.

Just a blue sky question: Is #3 mag factory HK?

MR2

New postPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 09:58 
AZS Regular
AZS Regular

mister2 wrote:
Now that you've done extensive testing (2 different guns, many different magazines, etc) on Blazer, try a different ammo. Hope you find a solution soon.

Just a blue sky question: Is #3 mag factory HK?

MR2

That. Only issue I ever ran into with my USP was with a knock off magazine.

FWIW, I'll shoot anything through my USP, but I avoid crap ammo for the same reason I avoid crap gas in my turbo car or crotch rockets: sure it works, but I'm not going to get optimal performance, in addition to greater wear and more fouling.

SOTsyndicate.com: Where no joke is too soon.

New postPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 09:23 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

Hey, i recently purchased a USP .40 full-size, and I am having the EXACT same issue. My USP is only 3 months old with about 700 rounds through it. I have used the 2 factory mags, and an additional HK mag I bought. All three seem to jam. I have tried UMC, Remmington, Federal, American Eagle, and Gold Dot ammunition in it, and every time, I still get jams. It usually happens on the last round, but lately it is starting to occur whenever. I am throughly upset, as it is my only form of protection, and doesn't seem to work for beans. It was made in 2010. I'm considering sending it to HK now, because I don't know what else to try. I clean it everytime I shoot with it, sometimes more just to handle it and give me something to do. I tried cleaning the firing pin assembly and the extractor by removing both pins on the slide, and took it out to test it last weekend....still has issues. I don't know what else to do, but I am so glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I feel for ya. Let me know if you have any luck with your FTF issue, and if I get mine fixed, I'll try to remember to post the solution. P.S. I hear that a possibly buff and polish on the feed ramp could fix this, but it was only guess from a few people I talked to...I don't feel I need to modify a USP from the factory for it to work, so I will not be doing that. Best of luck!

New postPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 10:53 
AZS; Woohoo!
AZS; Woohoo!

It could also be that a limp wristing habit is not fully realized until the magazine has become much lighter, and is on its final round. That would explain it happening with the XD as well.

New postPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 04:52 
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)
NEWBIE! (<10 posts)

I think that has to be the most common response to the problem I explain, but I can tell you for a fact that I do not limp wrist. I don't want to sound too cocky, but I have had training from law enforment officers on pistol handling, and have shot for a few years now with many handguns. The officers that were giving me tips and such also had the same problem with my USP.

New postPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 21:30 
AZS is my home
AZS is my home

I don't have a USP. However, I had the same problem with a Springfield Compact. To my surprise, replacing the recoil spring cured it! I have no idea how or why. Are you maybe about due for a new recoil spring?